Friday, July 5, 2013

The Jesus-Myth Theory And The Fourth Of July


This post may come a day late (and a dollar short), but I just had to write it:

A1. The United States celebrate their National Independence Day on the Fourth of July (1776).
A2. Their national colors are the Red, White, and Blue.

B1. France celebrates its National Day on the Fourteenth of July (1789), commemorating the Storming of the Bastille.
B2. Its national flag is also Red, White, and Blue.

Now, if we were to faithfully apply to these well-known and undisputed facts the same brilliant logic or principles which guide the Jesus-Myth Theory, we would have to conclude that -given all these numerical, historical, and even chromatic coincidences- one of the two nations would have to be a myth clearly based on or inspired by the other, and that either France or America never actually existed...

7 comments :

Odysseus said...

Just like the myth of Columbus discovering America.A man born of mysterious parentage in a place called "Genoa", which is an obvious reference to Genesis. He sets sails in three ships, which is an obvious reference to the Trinity. Am I really supposed to believe that he discovered America in the same year that the Moslems and Jews were kicked out of Spain? What ridiculous myth. Anybody who believes in America is a retard.

The Blogger Formerly Known As Lvka said...

So nice to finally hear from you again, Rob! :-) How have you been? I find your latest posts on your personal blog rather insightful and well-written, and I also think your anti-Ochlophobist approach of integrating intellectually-stimulating blog-ads (mostly to books) onto your various web-sites (as opposed to Owen's stance of having no ads at all) very inspired. :-)

Odysseus said...

Hello,

I have been busting my hump for 1.5 years to get into nursing school and got accepted for this fall. I have also been looking for places to love, not having places to live and trying to reconcile with my ex-wife. Been exciting. I would post more on my blogs but I write somewhere between 5 and 8,000 words per day for my job, so I am not real interested in writing during my free time.

Odysseus said...

*places to live

The Blogger Formerly Known As Lvka said...

Been exciting. I write somewhere between 5 and 8,000 words per day for my job.

Well, I'm so glad to hear your life has been exciting, and that you have a job! And here I was, thinking that something bad might've actually happened to you! :-) You know, silly me: worrying sick for people just because they drop off from the face of the world for only a couple of years or something...

Odysseus said...

Hey, I've never been out of work! I just wasn't that confident in my prospects as a full-time writer.

Anyway, I have been breathlessly busy. I'll get a couple weeks of slight relaxation in August before nursing school starts and my life becomes very busy for about 2 years. Still, I should actually get next summer off and JUST be able to work (rather than work and study).

What are you up to?

The Blogger Formerly Known As Lvka said...

He calls himself a writer now.. :-)

What are you up to?

I'm up to no good, of course... :-)