Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Giving Up On Others For Lent


1 Samuel 15:10 Then came the word of the Lord unto Samuel, saying: 11 It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the Lord all night. 16:1 And the Lord said unto Samuel: How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel ?

Matthew 8:19 And a certain scribe came, and said unto him: Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest. 21 And another of his disciples said unto him: Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. 22 But Jesus said unto him: Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Luke 9:57 And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him: Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest. 59 And he said unto another: Follow me. But he said: Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. 60 Jesus said unto him: Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. 61 And another also said: Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. 62 And Jesus said unto him: No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

0 comments :